If the term "moisturizer" makes you go vaguely blank, worry not. This 4-point explainer will set you up to be a mini-expert on what moisturizers do to men.
WHAT IS A MOISTURIZER?
In bullet point style, here we go:
- Like everything else, our skin needs moisture (water) to work (and look) well
- Dry weather, over-cleaning and other factors can "dry up" the skin
- A moisturizer SUPPLEMENTS your skin's moisture levels, by locking in moisture and/or by preventing water loss
SHOULD I USE ONE?
In short, yes. Here's the problem if your skin is dry (that is, not moisturized):
- It looks dull, and with non-uniform patches
- It is susceptible to sun damage and other environmental damage
- It will start ageing faster
HOW DO I CHOOSE MY MOISTURIZER?
Simply picking up anything labeled "moisturizer" is perhaps not a good idea. Here are 3 tips to pick the right moisturizer for you:
- Pick moisturizer by skin type. Don't know your skin type? Click here to find out
- Avoid those with parabens and silicones in the ingredient list
- If you are outside a lot, pick one with SPF
HOW TO MOISTURIZE?
Like in everything, the right technique makes a difference. Here's the easy way to use ANY moisturizer, for best results:
- First wash face with gentle face wash, and pat dry
- Put 5 dots of moisturizer on your face. One dot each on forehead, both cheeks, nose & chin
- Gently massage in upward-outward circles. Don't forget neck area
- Reapply after 8-10 hours or as needed
Got more questions?
Reach us and we will be happy to get back to you!
At phy, we believe in the need to simpli-phy. All your skincare, bodycare, haircare, beardcare questions answered. One question at a time. Want us to write about something? Let us know at email@example.com and we'll do our best to fit it in.
Related productsPHY Light Combat Daily Moisturizer SPF 45 PA+++
Related postsWhat’s your SPF number?
Know your skin type