If the term "moisturizer" makes you go vaguely blank, worry not. This 4-point explainer will set you up to be a mini-expert on what moisturizers do to men.
WHAT IS A MOISTURIZER?
In bullet point style, here we go:
- Like everything else, our skin needs moisture (water) to work (and look) well
- Dry weather, over-cleaning and other factors can "dry up" the skin
- A moisturizer SUPPLEMENTS your skin's moisture levels, by locking in moisture and/or by preventing water loss
SHOULD I USE ONE?
In short, yes. Here's the problem if your skin is dry (that is, not moisturized):
- It looks dull, and with non-uniform patches
- It is susceptible to sun damage and other environmental damage
- It will start ageing faster
HOW DO I CHOOSE MY MOISTURIZER?
Simply picking up anything labeled "moisturizer" is perhaps not a good idea. Here are 3 tips to pick the right moisturizer for you:
- Pick moisturizer by skin type. Don't know your skin type? Click here to find out
- Avoid those with parabens and silicones in the ingredient list
- If you are outside a lot, pick one with SPF
HOW TO MOISTURIZE?
Like in everything, the right technique makes a difference. Here's the easy way to use ANY moisturizer, for best results:
- First wash face with gentle face wash, and pat dry
- Put 5 dots of moisturizer on your face. One dot each on forehead, both cheeks, nose & chin
- Gently massage in upward-outward circles. Don't forget neck area
- Reapply after 8-10 hours or as needed
Got more questions?
Reach us and we will be happy to get back to you!
At phy, we believe in the need to simpli-phy. All your skincare, bodycare, haircare, beardcare questions answered. One question at a time. Want us to write about something? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to fit it in.
Related postsWhat’s your SPF number?
Know your skin type
I am having max oily face all my day but some time it will be like dry.
Can you please let me know which moisture should I use
The Phy Light Combat Daily Moisturizer SPF 45 is suitable for your combination skin type. Do let us know if we can help you with anything else.
im having combi skin tye i fell oily some times and dry some time which moisture cream suites for me