Did you know?
The average person’s skin covers an area of 2 m^2!
You owe it this 2 min read.
Here’s a quick guide to all the skincare terms you’ve heard, but don’t really get.
- Pores: A minute opening on your skin, through which oil & sweat reach the surface
- Blackheads: Mild form of acne – pores clogged by oil, dead skin or bacteria
- SPF: Sun protection factor – the measurement of protection from UVB rays
- Free radicals: Unstable molecules from screens & pollutants that damage your skin cells
- Antioxidants: Substances that prevent oxidation of cells – i.e. what happens when exposed to free radicals
- Parabens: A type of preservative believed to be a carcinogen
- Comedogenic: Comedo = pimple! These are ingredients that clog pores and cause acne
Welcome to vocab level = master!
At phy, we believe in the need to simpli-phy. All your skincare, bodycare, haircare, beardcare questions answered. One question at a time. Want us to write about something? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to fit it in.