HAIR - COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS & THE BEST HAIR CARE TIPS
Your hair can make or break your overall look. Coarse or fine, curly or wavy, frizzy or silky, that mane on the top of the head is something that a lot of us are attached to, and rightly so! And while most of us know that hair needs good care, a lot of us are clueless about the right hair care for men.
So today, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions on how to keep hair healthy and share some hair care tips that work wonders for us. Let’s nail the hair care on the head.
Q.1. How often should I wash my hair?
- For most people, it is recommended to shampoo twice a week. However, if you’re someone with oily scalp issues, you can wash your hair on alternate days. To avoid a dandruff build-up, use an anti-dandruff shampoo for men.
Q.2. My shampoo seems to be drying out my hair. What to do?
- This may often occur due to the ingredients in your shampoo. Go for a mild one that does not contain sulphates and parabens. Sulphate-free shampoos cleanse your hair gently yet effectively without drying it out.
Q.3. Do men need a conditioner?
- Yes, of course! If how to keep hair healthy is a major concern for you, use a condition post shampooing to keep your hair nourished, soft and healthy.
Q.4. How do I combat excessive hair fall?
- One of the most important hair care tips is to be gentle with that mane. After you step out of the shower, don’t aggressively rub your towel against your hair. Also, to maintain hair health ditch the blow dryer and let your hair air dry instead.
Second, skip experimenting with too many hair products for men. If you must use a hair styling wax or gel, not letting it build up and washing the residue away at frequent intervals is a healthy hair tip.
Q.5. What is the correct way to comb my hair?
- Avoid combing your hair when it is wet. Once dry, start combing your hair from the scalp and move slowly toward the tips or ends. Use a wide-toothed wooden comb instead of a plastic one. Plastic combs often have sharp edges that can hurt your scalp and pull out your hair, leading to excess hair fall.
Q.6. How to keep hair healthy if I get caught in the rain?
- Rainwater contains a lot of pollutants that can make your hair dull and brittle. If you do happen to get caught in the rain, the best hair tip is to wash your hair as soon as you’re back home with a mild shampoo and condition it thoroughly.
Common hair care tips:
- Use the blow dryer sparingly
- Pat your hair dry after washing; don’t rub aggressively
- Shampooing 2-3 times a week is enough
- Switch to a sulphate-free shampoo if you haven’t already
- Don’t press with a comb on your scalp
- Don’t tug at your hair while applying a hair styling product
- For nourishment, use a light hair oil for men once or twice a week
Caring right for your hair is not a mammoth task. Treat your hair like you’d treat any other part of your body – cleanse it at right intervals, be gentle with it, stay away from products loaded with chemicals and most importantly love your hair as it is.